Hi Everyone! It’s a no menu post week and I thought I would try a list post! I follow The Frugal Girl and she occasionally posts 5 frugal things she’s doing. I find it refreshing and a great reminder because while I am always striving to be frugal sometimes I lose sight of all the things I’m actually keeping up with and instead focus on the huge looming bills or other things that don’t seem so frugal.
Feel free to chime in with your list or even your favorite frugal activity that you find easy and fun to keep up with!
1. I made bread. We eat gluten-free and dairy-free bread at my house and during the past few months I’ve just been buying frozen bread. It doesn’t taste the greatest and it really isn’t cheap at $5/loaf, but sometimes its better to save sanity and spend the money. This past week I took the time to make the bread and boy was it yummy! It tasted even better remembering that I didn’t have to spend $5 for a loaf!
2. I bought a French Press coffee maker. I know–I count spending money as a frugal activity?? Well, I’ve been craving really dark coffee. The only thing that tasted good was the Starbucks sticks in the Italian Dark Roast. The cheapest I’ve found the sticks is $1 per more or less. So I made the plunge and purchased a French Press Coffee pot after doing some research. I absolutely love it. It is the exact taste that I was looking for and it’s perfect for that strong cup of coffee in the morning.
3. We chopped up/juiced veggies/fruit in our fridge. We had a ton of veggies/fruit leftover at the end of the week, so instead of going out and buying more and burying what we had we took about 45 minutes to chop up and juice our extra veggies. It worked! We ate/drank them up instead of throwing them in the trash. So encouraging.
4. Bought some local eggs. Also not a “cheap” activity, but the eggs are happier and much more yummy than even the organic eggs in the grocery store–and there’s no comparing the price! I love happy eggs. 🙂
5. Used a coupon before it expired. I am having a hard time remembering which coupon this was, but I recently did buy some nut milk on sale at the store and remembered to use the coupon I had printed out a few weeks before. This is my favorite way to save a lot at the store when I have time.
So how about you? What are your favorite frugal things from the past few weeks?